With a sweet spicy sauce, this wrap is full of protein due to the addition of black beans. Add sliced tomatoes and chopped lettuce for extra crunch. Avocado and cheese add extra creaminess that seems to melt into the surrounding layers.
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers, with adobo sauce, pureed
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 head lettuce, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Combine the onion, white rice, garlic, chicken broth and chipotle puree in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and then cover and reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Remove the rice from heat and add the beans, stir to combine. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes or until the beans are heated through.
- Spoon the desired amount of mixture onto a tortilla and add avocado, lettuce, tomatoes and mozzarella and wrap. Repeat with the other 3 wraps and serves.
For a completely vegan dish, omit the cheese or use a vegan version.
Amount Per Serving Calories 608Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 18mgSodium 1624mgCarbohydrates 90gFiber 16gSugar 6gProtein 24g