This black bean concoction over grains is a great one to throw into a Mason jar and take to work.
It’s great either warm or hot, and it can be topped up with corn and kale if looking for a more filling option.
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooke
- 1 sweet red pepper
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- chili flakes, to taste
- Pre-heat a grill (or grill pan) over medium high heat. Add the black beans and red pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top.
- Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the quinoa into two serving bowls or sealable food containers.
- Add the bean mixture over the top. I like to turn it into a composition, so I’d cut the avocado and slice it, then add halved tomatoes as well to the bowl.
- Add either chilli flakes, cilantro or both to the bowl as garnish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 0mgSodium 324mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 13gSugar 9gProtein 7g