This is one of the simplest recipes I have ever made yet it is also one of the most delicious.
The texture and body of the tofu blends into a thick, smooth mixture which is almost mousse-like, aided by the cocoa butter from the chocolate. Do not skimp on the refrigeration time though – the longer the pudding sits in the fridge, the better the flavor will be.
If you want a sweeter pudding, use milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.
The texture and body of the tofu blends into a thick, smooth mixture which is almost mousse-like, aided by the cocoa butter from the chocolate.
- 1 block soft tofu, drained
- 250 grams 50% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Blend the soft tofu with the vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- Over a double boiler on medium heat, warm the dark chocolate, continuously stirring, until it melts – about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the liquid chocolate with the tofu mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, cover, and insert into the fridge. Refrigerate for at lease 2 hours. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or with fresh strawberries.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 5mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 31gProtein 14g