Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
These swede chips are a great accompaniment to vegan and veggie burgers, even if – I’ll be honest – I also enjoy indulging on them on their own as a snack. Plus, the avocado guacamole dip is always a winner.
- 1 large swede or Rutabaga, peeled and cut into chips, approx 750g/1lb 10oz
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50 g nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 knob butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, small, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Heat oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Tip the swede, coconut oil, 40g of the Nutritional yeast and the rosemary leaves into a shallow roasting tin. Season and toss well, arranging in one layer.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Nutritional Yeast, dot with more coconut oil, then add the garlic cloves.
- Roast for 30-35 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.
- For the avocado dip: Place avocado in a bowl. Using a fork, mash until almost smooth. Add tomato, garlic and lime juice. Stir to combine.
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 8mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 13gSugar 11gProtein 10g