Soup is one of my favorite things to eat in the autumn season. There’s something about the chilly weather that makes me want to curl up with a big bowl of soup. This buffalo cauliflower soup recipe is one of my favorites. I love the flavor of buffalo sauce, and I think it goes really well with cauliflower. Plus, this soup is really easy to make and it’s healthy too!
I’ve been making this soup for a few years now, and it’s always a hit. I think the key to making it really tasty is to use good quality buffalo sauce. I use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
Buffalo sauce is the perfect complement to seasonal soups. It has a bold flavor that can stand up to the heartier ingredients in autumn soups, and its heat can help to warm you up on a chilly day. Buffalo sauce is also versatile, so it can be used in a variety of soups. For example, it can be used as a finishing touch for roasted vegetable soup or added to chicken noodle soup for an extra zesty kick. So if you’re looking for a way to add some extra flavor to your soups this autumn, buffalo sauce is the way to go.
Now onto cauliflower. Cauliflower is a vegetable that doesn’t get enough love. It’s often overshadowed by its more popular counterparts, like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. But cauliflower is a delicious vegetable that deserves to be appreciated. But cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables, for a number of reasons.
- delicious: cauliflower tastes great whether you eat it raw or cooked. It’s also a great addition to salads, stir fries, and other dishes.
- healthy: cauliflower is low in calories and high in nutrients like vitamin C and folate. It’s also a good source of fiber.
- versatile: cauliflower can be used in many different recipes. You can roast it, steam it, or even fry it up with some spices.
- affordable: cauliflower is a relatively inexpensive vegetable. You can usually find it at your local grocery store for around $2 per head.
If you’re looking for a hearty and spicy soup recipe that’s sure to please, look no further than this buffalo cauliflower soup!
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think in the comments!
This buffalo cauliflower soup recipe is one of my favorites. I love the flavor of buffalo sauce, and I think it goes really well with cauliflower. Plus, this soup is really easy to make and it's healthy too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ⅔ cup low fat old cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped chives
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, salt, and pepper. When onions are semi-transparent, add in the garlic. Stir frequently until softened (around 5 mins).
- Add chopped cauliflower and vegetable broth. Cover and cook for 30 mins, stirring and mashing the cauliflower intermittently.
- Transfer contents of the pot into a heat resistant blender and puree. You might need to do this in multiple batches, depending on the size of your pot and blender. Be careful not to overfill the blender. When pureed, transfer the contents back to the pot on low heat.
- Stir in the milk, remaining butter, and buffalo sauce. Continue to heat on low, stirring intermittently, for around 10 mins.
Finally, stir in the cheddar cheese until it melts, and season to taste with salt, pepper, or more buffalo wing sauce.
- Top with chopped chives or any of your other favorite fixings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 54mgSodium 1754mgCarbohydrates 20gNet Carbohydrates 15gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 12g