Combining the bounty that ends up being forgotten in the back of my closet with fresh produce picked up at the initial farmers’ markets of the season creates a delicious mash-up of seasonal and the end-of-winter produce.
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, cooked and removed from rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 bell peppers, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp pesto
- Toss the onion, garlic, oregano, basil and olive oil in a deep-bottomed frying pan. Turn it to medium-high heat and caramelize for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the bell peppers and spaghetti squash to the frying pan and cook until warmed.
- Either add the pesto and stir to combine, or use it as a garnish for the dish when serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 1mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 4g