With the warming of the season comes a bounty of produce.
Squash varieties shed their hard shells in favor of sunning themselves in sweet, soft skins.
Zucchini is one of the most ubiquitous and well known of these vegetables, and make the perfect salad when just left as they are – raw.
- 2 zucchinis, shredded into peels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 block silken tofu
- 1 tbsp red pepper and garlic paste, sold in most supermarkets in the Asian themed isle
- 2 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend the tofu, red pepper, sugar, lemon juice and salt together until smooth.
- Caramelize the onion in the olive oil at medium-high heat until browned and translucent. Remove and let cool.
- Toss the zucchini, tomatoes and caramelized onions together in a large bowl. Serve with a drizzle of dressing on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 174mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 12g