These delicious sesame snaps have wonderful amounts of calcium and plant sterols.
Plant sterols help to balance the immune system and reduce cholesterol. Coconut sugar is a low glycemic sweetener made from sap of coconut flowers.
Rich in vitamins and minerals, Organic Coconut Sugar is a nutrient dense alternative to ordinary sugar.
These sesame snaps are a healthy, low-calorie snack to have ready to go as a quick bite between meals.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 3 cups white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice, Optional
- Note: this all happens very quickly! Be sure to prep everything in advance and have equipment on hand so bars don’t harden before all steps are complete.
- In heavy saucepan, stir together coconut sugar, salt and rice syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add ginger and Magsense/lemon juice (if desired) and stir.
- Combine black sesame seeds and dulse and apple butter in a small zip lock bag and set aside.
- Combine white sesame seeds, chia seeds in a measuring cup. Stir white seed mixture into sugar until mixed and immediately pour onto greased baking sheet, spreading with greased spatula.
- Using a sharp knife, score into squares to create a rectangular small bar about an inch long. Let cool completely and transfer to a air tight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 64Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 1g