Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This hearty new spin on an old classic makes a great, fast meal and packs well for lunch the next day. Expect steady, long-lasting energy from this vitamin- and mineral-charged lentil salad.
- 1 cup red pepper, julienned (matchstick-size pieces)
- 19 oz green lentils, rinsed and drained, 540 mL
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or cilantro)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- to taste sea salt
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and top with dressing. Mix well and taste to adjust seasoning.
- The flavour improves as the salad marinates, so consider making it ahead. Can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 192mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 10gSugar 4gProtein 14g