Fall is by far one of our favorite seasons. Although the weather is getting cooler and layers of clothing are being piled on – fall is one of the most gorgeous seasons with the best food! It’s an incredible time to support our bodies with delicious and hardy root veggies and crisp, sweet apples.
Here are a few reasons to fall in love with fall….and eat a fantastic apple crumble too!
Autumn is an incredible time to support our bodies with delicious and hardy root veggies and crisp, sweet apples – like those found in this fantastic apple crumble!
- 2 cups your favorite nut mixture, we used pecans and almonds
- 1 cup cooking dates
- 1 cup quinoa flakes, or oats if you can tolerate them
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch seal salt
- 8 apples, Cortland and Empire are great choices!
- 1 cup cooking dates, (or medjool – yum!)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut the remaining 6 apples into small slices and mix with the puree – get those apples saucy.
- Find your favorite 8×8” pan and layer ½ of the crumble on the bottom.
- Place the apple mixture on top of the crumble layer.
- Put the remaining crumble mixture on top.
Recipe originally published Nov 14, 2011
Amount Per Serving Calories 516Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 12gSugar 44gProtein 10g