Yield: Makes 20
Protein Packed Coconut Snowballs
These protein packed power balls are a great source of protein that contains all the essential amino acids needed for repair and for a healthy immune system. The almonds and fresh dates also a good source of vitamin E and minerals.
I added a bit of coconut for that snowy feeling. The cinnamon adds a lovely flavour and also helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- 330 g almonds, raw, whole
- 60 g almond butter, or peanut butter
- 20 fresh dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 ml oat milk
- Desiccated coconut, for rolling the ball in as a topping.
- Place the almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, the nut butter, and the sunflower seeds. Process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add the dates and process again until the mix starts to come together. Add a splash of water if you need to so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball.
- Form the mixture into balls. Roll in coconut and store in the fridge until you feel like a snack or quick meal on the run.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 92mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 5g