- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 5-6 plums
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 oranges , zested
- 3 tbsp Cointreau, or other orange liquor
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch Allspice
- Cut in the cold butter with two knifes till you have a sandy texture.
- Add in the egg to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough on a little flour to about half a centimeter.
- Place in a shallow torte tin that has been slightly buttered, tuck in the dough nicely.
- Leave the excess dough over the edge.
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat
- Toss in sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and allspice
- Once the sugar dissolves add the segmented plums and orange zest
- Turn up the heat and quick sauté the plums, add Cointreau.
- Fold over the excess dough. Make it look nice and rustic
- Bake in a preheated oven of 365F for -+ 20 min or till crust is golden brown.
- Cool before cutting or scoop out of tin and serve with whipped cream and a little fresh orange zest.