This drink, for me, is the epitome of summer.
The flavors of a tropical land with the sharp tang of citrus both invigorating and cooling. Serve this drink alongside a Mexican dish, offsetting any spice with the frozen slush of the drink. The carbonation of the fizzy water is unusual for a margarita, but adds to the sweet tingly feeling which pineapple leaves on the tongue.
- 1 cup frozen diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1/2 cup carbonated water
- 4 ounces tequila
- Blend together the pineapple, lime juice and simple syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two glasses and add the tequila and carbonated water. Stir until evenly combined.
- Serve right away, with a lime slice for garnish.
For a non-alcoholic version of the drink, simply omit the tequila.
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 0g