Although typically topped by seafood or coated with pesto, I adore Linguine with a thick coat of rose sauce.
I find that it pools deliciously in crevices between strands and either benefits a variety of caramelized vegetables added for flavor or suits the pasta on its own.
This sauce also contains a great deal of protein, making it a suitable main meal.
Yield: 4 servings
Linguini with Vegan Rose Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb linguini, cooked to al-dente
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf, large
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 block block silken tofu
- Toss the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a deep-bottomed frying pan. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the oregano, basil, salt and black pepper and cook for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaf and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Blend the tofu until thick and creamy in a blender. Add it to the hot sauce and let it cook for one more minute.
- With the burner remaining on medium-low, add the linguini and cook until the pasta is heated through. Remove and serve while hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 102mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 16g