We may collect a share of sales from items linked to on this page. Learn more.
This lentil and vegetable soup recipe is not only simple to prepare, but it also tastes much better than canned!
This nutritious vegan lentil soup is chock full of vegetables, such as carrots and sweet potatoes. It is also rich in protein thanks to its green lentils.
You will be full for hours after enjoying this healthy and nutritious soup!
It is so simple to prepare — you just need to throw the ingredients (vegetables, lentils and the broth) in a saucepan, and call it dinner!
This lentil and vegetable soup is probably going to be the easiest thing you will cook, and will certainly become a staple in your kitchen.
This vegan lentil and vegetable soup recipe is not only simple to prepare, but it also tastes much better than canned! The soup is chock full of vegetables and is rich in protein, thanks to its green lentils.
- 1.5 cups dried green lentils
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the lentils with cold water .
- Prepare the vegetables: thinly slice the onion and the garlic; cut the carrot and the sweet potato and the potato into small cubes.
- In a saucepan, sweat the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables, lentils and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Check the seasoning and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1659mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 12gSugar 13gProtein 11g
Save money by converting your home to solar power. Calculate your savings.