If you’re looking for a quick, easy and healthy protein breakfast then keep this recipe in mind.
It’s super easy to pack and there’s no mess if you’re eating on the go.
These are wheat-free muffins, so the texture won’t rise as much, but they are tasty and packed with protein!
- 2 bananas, large and ripe
- 50 g creamy peanut butter
- 70 g porridge oats, processed to create fine flour
- 85 g raw honey, or brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or use a hand blender. Blend mixture for approximately 30-45 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Using a spatula clean the edges of the blender. Line a standard muffin tin with Muffin cups and scoop batter into muffin cups - you can use an ice-cream scoop. Bake 12-14 minutes or until muffins have set (remember, they won’t rise as much as normal muffins!)
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 4g