The flavor of butter adds richness to this simple dish, which is quick enough to be a weekday meal yet elegant enough to be served at a dinner party.
- 4 tbsp butter, salted
- 1 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups cooked linguini
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a deep-bottomed frying pan on medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine and add the thyme and peas. Allow all the liquid to burn off and continue to pan fry in the remaining oil until the peas are browned, about 2 to 3 minutes once liquid has evaporated.
- Add the linguini to the pot and toss until heated. Remove from heat and serve right away, topping the pasta with the parmesan cheese.
For extra flavor, if not desiring a vegetarian dish, add ½ cup of sliced prosciutto when heating the linguini.
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 38mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 15g