This creamy vegan cucumber potato salad is both refreshing and hearty at the same time.
- 1/2 block silken tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup baby potatoes, roasted, cooled and halved
- 1 long English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- Blend the tofu, garlic, salt, lemon, olive oil and rosemary together until smooth and fluffy.
- Place the baby potatoes, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Toss until evenly combined. Spoon on the tofu mixture and gently combine into the salad, careful not to separate the cooked potatoes. Chill until ready to serve.
To make it a whole meal full of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates, add a grain, such as cooked bulgur or barley.
A vegan mayonnaise alternative can also be used in lieu of the tofu for added flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 0mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 12g