This quinoa stew is perfect for winter months. However, when trees’ leaves start to change and salads begin to be the mealtime norm, let this stew cool and serve on a bed of greens for a delicious summer meal.
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, lightly toasted
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and lightly zested.
- Toss the onion, garlic and mushroom together with the oil in a large saucepan. Set the saucepan on the stove and turn to medium-high heat. Caramelize for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly browned and translucent.
- Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth and coconut milk. Add the quinoa and red pepper flakes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until each grain is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower into the mixture and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice to the mixture, tossing gently, just before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 224Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 6g