I love this quick recipe as a side salad for any meal of the day. With the abundance of fresh carrots this time of year, this dish is particularly sweet.
Did you know that extra sweet yellow carrots contain lutene that fights macular degeneration and assures development of healthy eyes.
- 1 cup Hemp Hearts
- 2 tbsp grapeseed Vegenaise
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. Himalayan or grey sea salt, or too taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro or dill, Optional
- Grate carrots and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add hemp hearts and mix well.
- Mix salad dressing in a separate bowl or mason jar: olive oil, Vegenaise, apple cider vinegar, grated garlic and sea salt.
- Pour salad dressing over carrot/hemp seed mixture and mix well.
- Top with fresh herb if desired.
- Can be served immediately but it tastes even better marinated.