Candied ginger is one of my favorite secret ingredients, one which I keep well stocked. While I used this delicate and delicious fish as a filling for rice paper wraps, it is also delicious tossed in a stir-fry or topping jasmine rice.
Candied Ginger Poached Salmon
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tbl white sugar
- 2 tbsp tbl soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp ½ tbl sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- Blend the ginger, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, oil, lime, and shallot together until smooth. Marinade the fish in the ginger sauce for up to 30 minutes.
- Place the fish in a deep-bottomed frying pan, and set the pan on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, covered for half the time, until the fish is lightly browned and the sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and serve right away.
Amount Per Serving Calories 351Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 71mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 26g