Blueberries, like all berries, are a great choice when you are watching your blood sugar or wanting to reduce your sugar intake. Ginger is awesome for supporting digestion and immunity.
Drink the smoothie as soon as it is ready to prevent the blueberries from thickening. It really does taste like blueberry pie in a glass, so you will probably want to drink it all right away!
Warning: sometimes blueberries cause smoothies to become gelatinous. Using frozen blueberries seems to help.
It really does taste like blueberry pie in a glass, so you will probably want to drink this smoothie all right away!
- 1/3 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger root
- 1/2 cup kale , or spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 green apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- Blend it all up until creamy!
- If you like it extra sweet, you can pour some maple syrup in too.
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 407mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 15gSugar 24gProtein 12g