Rapini has never been one of my favorite vegetables. Requiring a great deal of braising or simmering to get rid, or at least mask, its distinct bitter taste, I always avoided it.
However, this recipe uses that flavor to its full potential, bringing out a richness not generally seen in produce through the use of thyme, balsamic and garlic.
This linguini recipe uses the flavor of rapini to its full potential, bringing out a richness not generally seen in produce through the use of thyme, balsamic and garlic.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bunch rapini, chopped
- 4 cups linguini, cooked in salted water
- Non-dairy parmesan cheese
- Toss the garlic in the vegetable oil in a deep-bottomed frying pan. Set on the stove and turn to medium-high heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic is light brown in color.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pot to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom.
- Add the salt, sugar, ground black pepper and rapini. Cover with a lid, turn to medium heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, adding more water if needed, or until the rapini is flavorful and less bitter.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked linguini, tossing with the rapini until heated through and evenly distributed. Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese.
Calories: 345 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 66g Protein: 11g
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 1mgSodium 67mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 8g