This recipe may appear to be simplistic in flavor, without any added spices or herbs, yet the earthy taste of the cauliflower pervades, complemented by the sweet tang of balsamic.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic, with more for garnish
- salt, to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the vegetable oil on medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes in a large soup pot. Deglaze with the vegetable broth and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the soup and simmer on medium for 20 minutes, until fragrant and the cauliflower is falling apart.
- Remove the soup from heat and blend, on high speed, until the soup is silky smooth. Add salt to taste. Serve either hot or cold with a splash of balsamic for garnish.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 208Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 840mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 5g