CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, has announced that it will be giving California residents an incentive worth valued around $2,000 to purchase their new 2012 CODA electric vehicle (EV). Any California resident—from now until December 2,2012—who purchases the vehicle will be given a complimentary home GE WattStation™ Wall-Mount Level 2 EV charger and a home assessment and installation of the charger conducted by Mr. Electric.
“Being able to completely fuel your CODA at home from empty to full in less than 6 hours with our partner’s GE’s WattStation charger is a convenience that every owner should be able to enjoy,” said Thomas Hausch, CODA Automotive senior vice president of sales, marketing and aftersales, in a press release. “By eliminating these upfront costs of EV ownership and concerns about charging infrastructure, CODA is continuing its commitment to fulfilling its mission of putting an electric vehicle in every garage. When consumers realize that owning an EV provides significantly lower running costs, gives them full access to the carpool lane, allows them to avoid high gas prices forever and enjoy federal and state tax incentives of up to $10,000 in California and more – going electric today is an effective and fun solution.”
The new 2012 CODA is the first all-electric vehicle of its kind, boasting five-passenger seating, compact sedan with full rear seating and trunk space. Essentially, it meets the needs of the average American without requiring any gasoline.
Want to know more about the vehicle? CODA shares the features of the vehicle:
- Best-in-class driving range(1): The 31kWh 2012 CODA mileage vehicle features an EPA rated combined range of 88 miles per charge. Depending on driving habits and other factors, it can be driven up to 125 miles on a single charge, nearly four times the average daily commute(2).
- Fast and easy recharging: A 6.6kW onboard charging capability provides a full charge in less than six hours on 240 V (Level 2 EVSE)(3).
- Reliable EV Battery Technology: The CODA sedan is powered by an efficient Lithium-iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery pack with an industry leading 10-year, 100,000-mile limited battery warranty.
- Dependable range: The active thermal management system provides constant battery care to help optimize the battery pack’s performance in hot and cold weather conditions(1).
- Available now in California: The 31kWh 2012 CODA has a MSRP of $37,250. In California, federal and individual state tax saving and credits may bring the price down to $27,250(4) before the promotion.
MORE ON THESE TOPICS: