Next time you pick up a can of Pepsi, don’t be surprised if you happen to learn something from it.
Starting this month, 750 million cans of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi will be adorned with facts about aluminum recycling, and the importance of not tossing aluminum cans into any regular trash bin.
Setting their sights even higher, Pepsi plans to have 7 billion of these cans in circulation by the end of the year, making their message inescapable.
The “Have We Met Before?” slogan reflects the fact that 40% of aluminum cans are made from recycled materials, and will start the campaign with 5 different recycling facts on various cans. Keep reading after the cut to see all 5 of these Pepsi facts.
- Recycling could save 95% of the energy used to make this can.
- On average, aluminum cans produced in the United States contain 40-50% recycled content.
- The average person has the opportunity to recycle 25,000 cans in a lifetime.
- Recycling a single aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
- Recycle this can and save enough energy to power a 100-watt light bulb for four hours.
This is a great way to take advantage of space that is otherwise going unused, and will likely force Pepsi drinkers to feel more responsible about where their cans are going after they have finished their drink.