In preparation for Earth Day next week, BuzzBack Market Research decided to survey a large group of Americans and Brits to see how well they are adapting their lives to be more eco-friendly.
The results were all positive, and showed that there is a growing interest in becoming as environmentally friendly as possible. Check out the consumer results after the cut, and see how well you match up with those who were surveyed.
- 72% use energy efficient light bulbs
- 70% turn down the thermostat
- 71% recycle paper
- 68% turn off electric appliances rather than leave them on stand-by
- 67% take more showers than baths to conserve water
- 57% recycle glass
- 57% purchase recycled products
- 55% purchase recycled paper
- 51% purchase refill products
- 38% use less household chemicals
- 36% walk short distances rather than drive
- 31% buy organic fruit or vegetables
- 20% take fewer flights
- 15% buy organic meat
- 6% only buy products from companies they consider Green
- 4% use a hybrid car
It will be interesting to see the results of the study again in a few years, and to see how quickly we are moving in a greener direction.