Business

Do your part and become a green business. There are more green companies today than ever before, make yours a green company.

Verizon Wireless Promotes Green Choices For Customers

Since 2001, Verizon has promoted its cell-phone and electronics recycling program, and more recently has switched gears to donating the recovered resources to > Verizon's HopeLine" href="/?p=75">HopeLine, a charitable organization. In similar...
generation y

Marketing Study Reveals Generation Y’s Perspective on Green Brands

In the United States alone, the "Y-Generation" accounts for 70 million consumers and spend approximately $172 billion per year, so it's no wonder that a marketing professor at Bentley...

Did You Know? Green Facts for Business Professionals

A new survey from Deloitte has found some interesting and surprising information on business travellers and their "green habits". Here goes: • 69% always turn off the lights when leaving the room • 31%...

UPS Orders Hundreds of Green Trucks

UPS has taken a huge new leap in their efforts to switch their transport vehicles from diesel over to "green" technology. This week they ordered 500 alternative fuel and drive train...

Green Meetings Show You Care

Filed under the "Corporate Responsibility" is another green trend that is becoming increasingly important to the public: green meetings. According to CNN, a five day meeting with 2,200 people in...

Corporate America Joins Together For A Green Initiative

Some of the most well-known brands in North America today are joining forces this June to share their best environmental practices, and to hold group discussions about using sustainability as a...

Canon Teams Up With Canadian Celebrities for Earth Day

 For this year's Earth Day events, Canon announced it will be continuing its series of "The Other Side Of The Lens" with a group of 12 Canadian celebrities, including George...

Green Hippocratic Oath Can Increase Environmental Responsibility

A few weeks ago, the Harvard Business Review began a discussion about whether managers should have to take a "Green Hippocratic Oath" in the same sense that other professionals do...

Waste Management Putting More Than Garbage Back Into The Earth

Last week I posted a story about Dell's Headquarters taking advantage of a new technology created by Waste Management that collects methane and carbon dioxide produced at landfill sites...

EcoBroker Makes Real Estate Green

Green mortgages, energy efficiency, renewable energy options, eco-friendly materials, and different heating and cooling options are just a few topics an EcoBroker will be certified to deal with. So...

Latest

baby nursery

4 Things to Consider when Planning an Eco-Friendly Nursery

These 4 design tips will help ensure your newborn is being kept safe and healthy in an eco-friendly nursery.
collect rainwater for environmentally friendly gardening

The Homeowner’s Guide to Rainwater Harvesting

In this article, we outline why every homeowner should have a rain barrel set up for rainwater harvesting, how to set up your rain barrel, and some of the best uses for rainwater once you collect it.
10-food-waste-solutions-that-are-basically-habits-to-save-the-earth

9 Food Waste Solutions That Are Basically Habits To Save The Earth

Food waste accounts for up to 29% of the amount of trash each year in the US. Here are 9 effective ways to reduce your food waste at home.

Popular Today

drain

4 Simple Ways to Unclog a Drain Without Harmful Chemicals

There are several inexpensive and non-toxic methods you can use to unclog drains in your home with ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets.
what to burn and not in the fireplace

What You Can (and Shouldn’t!) Burn in Your Fireplace

However you choose to while away the colder winter months, careful consideration of what to burn in the fireplace is one way to make greener choices.

Follow Us

38,786FansLike
16,313FollowersFollow
8,385FollowersFollow