Blu Homes have created a new series of energy efficient prefab houses which will decrease homeowners’ energy bills by 50-70%. According to Blu Homes, living in one of their green design energy efficient models is the homeowners’ equivalent of driving a hybrid vehicle.
Cutting your carbon footprint at home with Blu Homes
While changing the thermostat down just a few notches makes a big difference in your annual heating bill, it won’t impact it as significantly as living in a Blu Home would. The unique green construction steel structure features high-quality insulation and radiant floor heating, as well as a green design which makes use of natural lighting. Additionally, Blu Homes can be easily fitted with solar panels, should homeowners to take the extra step towards living in a green home.
A Blu Home disassembled
Check out the picture below of the Blu Home’s green design to see what it contains, and why it’s so energy efficient:
Energy efficient features of a Blu Home
The Blu Home pictured above features the following green construction features:
- Energy efficient CFL and LED lighting options
- Bamboo, forest stewardship council (FSC) and reclaimed wood flooring options
- Radiant flooring and mini splits with high seasonal energy efficiency rating (SEER)
- Structural and light steel that is 77% recycled
- A recyclable steel frame with the highest strength to weight ratio
- Factory built to keep moisture and mold out
- Facades designed for optimal solar lighting
- Anderson window and door configurations, containing recycled content wood fiber and glass
- Exterior rigid foam to provide tight air seals
Live in a green designed Blu Home Yourself
Blu Homes has a wide variety of green designs, and even have two-story configurations available to those who are considering living in an incredibly eco-friendly energy efficient home. The lowest cost Blu Home is the origin, which begins at $95,000 for a 24 foot shell. Although it may not be very much living space, buying a Blu Home where an area where you would normally build a cottage may be a great green investment.
Visit Blue Homes official site to find out more, and compare all of the homes they have to offer.