The electric car is a fantastic Eco-friendly vehicle, but it can be tricky to know how to it on a road trip. Many electric vehicle owners are taking their electric vehicles on trips, but not all-electric vehicles are created equal.
Some might be better for longer trips than others.
To help you prepare your electric vehicle for a trip, we compiled some tips that will make the journey more accessible and more enjoyable! Let’s start with getting prepared for your journey.
What to Check Before You Begin Your Journey:
When traveling a long way, preparation is crucial. It’s critical to know:
- How to charge your electric vehicle
- Where you will charge along the way and how long it might take. Consider charging more than once if necessary or adding extra time into your trip itinerary!
- To fully benefit from electric cars, you need to ensure that they are running at their peak battery capacity. A general rule of electric car ownership is to fully charge and deplete a few times over the course of your electric vehicle’s life.
- Where you will stop for food or bathroom breaks along the way
- Lastly, make sure your vehicle is covered with electric vehicle insurance to get yourself covered if anything goes off the table during the journey.
These are some basic but critical preparations that you should always do before setting off for your journey.
Best Tips for Successful EV Road Trips
Once you’re prepared with the basics, it’s time to move on to electric car road trip tips that will make your journey more enjoyable. Below is the infographic from Motor1.com that includes some tips to make your travel easy and worry-free!
In addition to that, if you’re still planning your journey, the infographic below includes four fun EV road trips in the US to get started!
loved reading your article. it was really informational for me. wish to see more in the coming days.
Cool post, it seems to me that this is the future of travel, I myself dream of buying an electric car, it has a positive effect on the environment and saves money. I am currently traveling by plane. I often find discount business travel in order to save money on travel, I know that an airplane is not an ecological transport, but I think that will change in the future