How many fruits do you know that can be used to make an entire meal by themselves? What about in conjunction with a few extra ingredients? We bet that you can’t come up with many from the top of your head. However, there is one fruit that stands out concerning its capabilities to being the center of a meal. Would you care to guess which fruit fits the description?
Yes, you guessed right. It’s the avocado. This green colored fruit has an outstanding resume when it comes to brightening up meals. Avocados have a longstanding history of crafting irreplaceable meals. Some unique examples include guacamole, and as a spread on morning toasts.
What’s more is that when you think you’ve seen it all from this versatile fruit, it strikes again with yet another masterpiece to rub your taste buds in ways you never imagined. In light of this, allow us to introduce you to another avocado handiwork by the name “The avocado boat.”
As we begin, we know that avocado boats may not have the fanciest name, but we can assure you that they will wind up being your greatest reason for eating half avocados. It is also true that few things will ever replace our love for guacamole, but avocado boats will sure give it a run for its money given the numerous possibilities that can arise from avocado boats.
These boats can be laced with some of our other favorite delicacies such as eggs, shrimp, or even taco, hence making them a perfect blend of heaven in our mouths. Having said all that, would you like to find out how you can craft your ideal egg avocado boats? Read on below to find out more!
How to Cook the Best Egg Avocado Boats
If you’re searching for the best egg and avocado breakfast recipes, then rest assured that you will hardly mess things up with egg avocado boats. These delightful avocado boats are easy to bake, with an estimated time of 10 minutes in the oven for their whites to set and to ensure that they emerge with a cream-like, smoked flavor.
They can be served for breakfast alone or together with low carbohydrate foods such as buns for a keto avocado breakfast. Below are the ingredients you will use to cook and some of the crucial steps you need to follow when cooking avocado with egg for weight loss.
Ingredients to Use
The Most Important Ingredients
Steps to Follow in Preparing Avocado Egg Boats
- Begin by splitting your avocados into two equal pieces and removing their seeds (the big stone-like structure that is between both halves). This should be followed by removing approximately a tablespoon worth of avocado flesh in both halves to create enough space for the egg.
- To prevent the avocado pieces from tilting or falling over, ensure that you have supported them via the use of ramekins. In case you will be using sheet pans, see to it that they are lined with foil paper to make cleaning easier.
- Crack your egg open and use it fill the space you had created in your avocado. After this, take a pinch of salt, pepper, or any seasonings that you see fit and sprinkle on the egg-avocado combination. For this step, you can choose to preserve some seasonings for sprinkling after you remove the avocado boats from the oven.
- Set your oven at 400°F and bake for about 8 to 16 minutes. This should result in the setting of your eggs’ whites while leaving their yolks in a slightly runny state.
- Ensure that you watch them closely to prevent overcooking. In case you don’t like semi-solid yolks, you can choose to begin by whisking the eggs before pouring them into your avocado pieces.
- For the final step, all you’re required to do is fetch the egg-avocado boats from the oven and supplement them with any toppings of your choice or add a tablespoon of the best mct oil before settling down to enjoy them.
Extra Toppings That You Can Use
Toppings are an essential step towards achieving an exceptional final product. This is especially true if you want to break the monotony of having avocado and egg as a breakfast routine. As such, we could recommend using bacon as the number one topping for your eggs.
In case you don’t like bacon, you could try sausages or chopped ham for a hearty and healthy avocado breakfast. In addition to the above, you can add some color to your egg boats by topping them with spinach or mushrooms.
Having a healthy egg avocado breakfast could be the ultimate secret to starting your day at a high note. Given the myriads of avocado and egg health benefits, it is clear why we have gone to great lengths to ensure that we’ve enlightened you on how to craft egg-avocado boats.
With that, we hope you can now confidently spread your cooking wings and fly into a new egg-avocado boat horizon. Do you know of other ways of how to cook an egg in an avocado? Please share with us by commenting below.