Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 200 g cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea buckthorn, optional
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coconut oil, for cooking
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, pierce sweet potatoes with fork and bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Remove skins, mash with a fork to remove all chunks and place in large mixing bowl. In a sauté pan combine onions, olive oil, a hearty pinch of sea salt and cook over medium-low heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring continually to prevent the garlic from burning. Add turmeric at the very end.
- Add onions, quinoa, Himalayan salt to large mixing bowl with sweet potatoes and stir until well combined.
- Form mixture into golf ball size ball, roughly 8, flatten into a patty, and cook for about 2 minutes each side on a pan with coconut oil.
Amount Per Serving Calories 111Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 19mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 2g