Vegetables are no longer relegated to being a mundane side dish in a meal, but rather have become strong solo statements in a meal by their own merit.
Beets are no exception, with an earthy sweet flavor that sings on its own. Using this taste to create a thick and creamy dressing without cream is a new twist on an old root.
Yield: 4 servings
Lactose-Free Creamy Beet Salad Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
The earthy sweet flavor of beets used in a thick and creamy dressing without cream puts a new twist on an old root.
- 2 large beets, cooked and peeled
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/8 cup honey
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute on high.
- Refrigerate until using. Drizzle on salad right before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 1g