Vegetables are no longer relegated to being a mundane side dish in a meal, but rather have become strong solo statements in a meal by their own merit. Beets are no exception, with an earthy sweet flavor that sings on its own. Using this taste to create a thick and creamy dressing without cream is a new twist on an old root.
- 2 large beets, cooked and peeled
- ⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ⅛ cup honey
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute on high.
- Refrigerate until using. Drizzle on salad right before serving.
MORE ON THESE TOPICS: