Waffles are always sweet. But, they don’t have to be. And, they don’t have to contain gluten either.
These waffles are easy to make and are just as fluffy and light as normal waffles. If you are partial to the berries and maple syrup, these waffles can always be served traditionally.
Or, serve them with sauteed vegetables for a new spin on savory breakfast.
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups spinach, chopped
- handful sundried tomatoes, chopped
- handful black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp ghee or other high heat cooking oil
- goat or sheep feta cheese (optional)
- waffle iron
- 1. Preheat the waffle iron. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together.
- 2. Ladle a large spoonful of batter onto the waffle iron and cook according to your waffle maker instructions.
- 3. Cook for a few minutes. Remove and repeat until all the batter is used up.
- 4. Saute the vegetables in a pan with the ghee (or other high heat cooking oil). Add sea salt to taste.
- 5. Serve the vegetables with waffles. Sprinkle with goat or sheep cheese, if desired.
MORE ON THESE TOPICS: